Monday, October 13, 2008

The iPhone, YouTube and the Guardian.

It's difficult not to be impressed by YouTube and there is no doubt that the iPhone is the perfect tool for watching YouTube videos.

As I type I am watching  Diana Vickers from Saturday's X factor, here on my Mac and on the iPhone!

The iPhone experience is better, the interface is simpler, there's less clutter, no distracting text or comments, nothing but the video.
Sometimes less is more.

Back in the summer Ajexh Pataly wrote a piece in Guardian pointing to some great pieces of film to be found inside YouTube.
The list provoked further discussion about copyright as some clips were posted by fans, not the owners of the copyright material.
I'm just going to watch them while I can.

At the time two clips in particular caught my attention.

James Brown signing with Pavorotti! and Stravinsky conducting the Firebird.

Just magic!




Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment