Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Who Is Reading This?

Curiously the number of visitors to On a Hill continues to rise; the number of comments is rising but only just!

There are discussions taking place relating comments elsewhere.
Some bloggers allow them, some don't.
My limited observations tell me that far more blogs are read than are commented on (the one percent rule). I rarely leave comments on the many blogs that I visit but I learn much by reading them.

Interestingly when I make the effort to leave a comment on someone else's blog, my visitor statistics show me that they nearly always come and check my blog.

Eric Schmidt CEO of Google met some Republican governors in the USA last year, a meeting, reported in the New York Times. During the meeting :-

"Mr. Schmidt said that by by Google’s calculation, a new blog is being created every second of every day. He said that Google now estimates that the average blog is read by one person."

Is that true?
If that is true why oh why do Technorati spend so much time counting and indexing them?

No comments:

Post a Comment